[Baobab] OpenOnDemand is now available

Hi!
I would like to test it as well!

I would be happy to test this too - in particular for VS Code servers (I don’t know if any users have tested this out yet?)

Johnny

Hi @John.Raine It’s done and the vscode is available, for the moment the production settings are those of the default partition (shared-cpu): 1cpu and 3GB of memory.

Please let us know if you have any comments :slight_smile:

Hello ! I’m a new user interested in trying this. Thanks.

Luis

1 Like

@Luis.Bordo.1 Welcome to the Sect :scream_cat:

1 Like

Hi,

Would also be interested in testing the platform.

Cheers
Malte

1 Like

@Malte.Algren It’s done, Welcome :space_invader:

1 Like

I’m also very much up to test this out

1 Like

@Berk.Gercek Be my guest ! :alien:

1 Like

Dear Adrien

Thank you for the setup. Could you please activate my account.

Indeed, there is definitely a potential for our activity… specifically if you were able to install a Rstudio app… was it possible ?

Best
Julien

1 Like

@Julien.Prados Acces granted :robot:

Is the service unavailable, @Adrien.Albert ? I can’t access it anymore…

Yes the service has been reactivated after the maintenance. If you still have error page try to close your browser and connect again.

1 Like

Hi!
Thanks for the setup. I’d also like to test it. Could you please give me access?

Hi, I was finally able to try it. It stated that it will start a jupyter lab session, but it is a jupyter notebook classic session interface. On the user side, it is possible to change a flag to star a jubyter lab session ?

Thanks Adrien ! I still get an error tho.
This is my output.log when I launch the Desktop app:

Setting VNC password...
/var/spool/slurmd/job5957527/slurm_script: line 137: vncpasswd: command not found
Starting VNC server...
/var/spool/slurmd/job5957527/slurm_script: line 146: vncserver: command not found
/var/spool/slurmd/job5957527/slurm_script: line 154: vncserver: command not found
/var/spool/slurmd/job5957527/slurm_script: line 146: vncserver: command not found
/var/spool/slurmd/job5957527/slurm_script: line 154: vncserver: command not found
Cleaning up...
/var/spool/slurmd/job5957527/slurm_script: line 24: vncserver: command not found

hi @Giuseppe.Chindemi

My bad! I forgot to set up the auto-deploy for this point, and the maintenance reset everything. But no worries, it should be good to go on the interactive partition (cpu007) now.

We might have the same with Matlab too, but we’re on it and working to fix things ASAP. Big thanks for giving us the heads-up and helping keep the app running smoothly.:rocket:

Great, thank you very much Adrien!

Hey @Adrien.Albert, are you planning to extend the support for Desktop sessions to GPU nodes? I think it could be very helpful in some applications (i.e., DeepLabCut), in particular for Mac users.

Hi @Giuseppe.Chindemi

Thank you for your feedback, yes we will extend the Desktop session for all compute node including GPU. We are just thinking about how to do: add option on the existing Desktop app or creating a new interactive app “Advanced Desktop” which it will possible configure more parameters such as ( Ram, CPU etc…), to avoid beginner user to be confused.

I add this function in my ToDo List :slight_smile: