Dear users, as announced by email
we will do a software and hardware maintenance of the Baobab HPC cluster on 28 and 29th of September 2022.
The maintenance will start at 08:00 +0100 and you will receive an email when the maintenance will be over.
The cluster will be totally unavailable during this period, with no access at all (not even to retrieve files).
If you submit a job in the meantime, be sure that the expected wall time (duration) does not overlap with the start of the maintenance or your job will be scheduled after the maintenance.
What should be done during this maintenance:
- SLURM update to latest version
- enforce storage quota on home directory. Not possible to use more than 1TB per account (see *Important* Storage policy changes on your home directory)
- better GPU allocation based on the constraint given by the user
- OS security and bugfix
- RAID card exchange
- Nodes re-installation
Thanks for your understanding.
the HPC team
The maintenance is now over, thanks for your patience.
What was done:
- GPU nodes are now allocated based on their GPU model: base model first and high end latest. It is now possible to request minimum vram per GPU and specify if you want a simple or double precision model. See here for more informations. You’ll see a new column named “weight”. GPUs with low wight will be allocated first.
- Preparation for the home storage quota enforcement. The actual enforcement will be done in the next few days. You’ll receive a notification.
- Batteries replacement for scratch storage server
- Slurm updated to version 22.05.3 (same version as Yggdrasil)
- Kernel updated to latest version
- BeeGFS updated to version 7.2.7
- Mellanox updated to latest LTS version
- All the nodes re installed
- All the servers updated
- Many bug fix (or not so many, as we don’t make mistakes of course:)
Have a nice day, happy computation day
HPC Team, Yann, Adrien, Gaël, Rémy
Thanks a lot!
But it looks like my home dir is completely empty. Is there anyone else with the same issue?
Hi, this is fixed! If you don’t see your data, logout/login again.