R/4.2.1 module load error

Hi,

When trying load R 4.2.1 using

module load GCC/11.3.0 OpenMPI/4.1.4 R/4.2.1

I receive this error message:

Lmod has detected the following error:  The following module(s) are unknown: "HDF5/1.13.1"

Please check the spelling or version number. Also try "module spider ..."
It is also possible your cache file is out-of-date; it may help to try:
  $ module --ignore_cache load "HDF5/1.13.1"

Also make sure that all modulefiles written in TCL start with the string #%Module

Executing this command requires loading "HDF5/1.13.1" which failed while processing the following module(s):

Module fullname  Module Filename
    ---------------  ---------------
    R/4.2.1          /opt/ebmodules/all/MPI/GCC/11.3.0/OpenMPI/4.1.4/R/4.2.1.luaExecuting this command requires loading "HDF5/1.13.1" which failed while processing the following module(s):

Module fullname  Module Filename
    ---------------  ---------------
    GDAL/3.5.0       /opt/ebmodules/all/MPI/GCC/11.3.0/OpenMPI/4.1.4/GDAL/3.5.0.lua
    R/4.2.1          /opt/ebmodules/all/MPI/GCC/11.3.0/OpenMPI/4.1.4/R/4.2.1.lua

Indeed, I see HDF5/1.13.1 version is not available. Not sure how to address this. Can someone help? Thanks

Hi @Samuel.Orso ;

It is fixed :slight_smile:

(yggdrasil)-[alberta@login1 ~]$ ml spider HDF5/1.13.1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  HDF5: HDF5/1.13.1
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Description:
      HDF5 is a data model, library, and file format for storing and managing data. It supports an unlimited variety of datatypes, and is designed for flexible and efficient I/O and for high volume and
      complex data.

You will need to load all module(s) on any one of the lines below before the "HDF5/1.13.1" module is available to load.

GCC/11.3.0  OpenMPI/4.1.4

Help:
      Description
      ===========
      HDF5 is a data model, library, and file format for storing and managing data.
       It supports an unlimited variety of datatypes, and is designed for flexible
       and efficient I/O and for high volume and complex data.

More information
      ================
       - Homepage: https://portal.hdfgroup.org/display/support

(yggdrasil)-[alberta@login1 ~]$ module load GCC/11.3.0 OpenMPI/4.1.4 R/4.2.1
(yggdrasil)-[alberta@login1 ~]$

Thanks, it’s working

2 posts were split to a new topic: Issue with R/4.2.1