Cannot connect to yggdrasil

Primary informations

Username: ceva3
Cluster: Yggdrasil

Description

I cannot connect to yggdrasil right now. As of ~15 minutes ago, whenever I try to connect to yggdrasil, I get a “Timeout connecting” error. I am using X2Go to try and connect, but I assume X2Go is not the issue here, since I have confirmed with other users (who connect using different methods) that yggdrasil appears to be unavailable.

2 Likes

I experience similar issue. The server is extremely slow.

1 Like

Hi

Here the related issue. You should have access again :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

2 Likes

The connection to yggdrasil appears to be down again, and I confirmed this with other users.

6 Likes

Me as well, same kind of error

1 Like

Any news? I’m also experiencing the same issue.

1 Like

I can not establish connection to yggdrasil as well.

1 Like

I am able to connect now

3 Likes

I can’t connect to the login node anymore…

Same here, I can ping the login node but I cannot connect.

Hi @Jonathan.Mutal

It should work now. :slight_smile:

Hi, I am also struggling to connect to the yggdrasil login node. Either with X2Go and ssh, both give me a timeout error and fail to login

Mh, it seems still unavailable on my end.

Is Yggdrasil unreachable again?

2 Likes

Yes, It looks like it is unreachable. We can ping it, but when we are asked for the password, it does not log in.

Thanks in advance to the support team for working on the issue.

Hi All,

The Linux authentication service was on failure and have been fixed. It should work again.

1 Like

The connection to Yggdrasil seems down again for both me and other users.

Dear All,

A user process failed a core dump, which resulted in a cascade of errors, causing the connection node to freeze.

The user in question has been contacted and reminded of the impact on the community of running jobs on the login node. I also forwarded the three forum posts concerning this issue to the user.

The login node was restarted at approximately 9:55 AM and is now available again.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Best regards

My open connections to yggdrasil freeze and I can’t reconnect. Even a ping to the login node fails currently.

2 Likes