Cannot launch a Kilosort Qt GUI on baobab on demand

Hi Guys,

My name is Andry, postdoc in the Bellone’s Lab.
I’m trying to use Kilosort, an electrophysiological spike sorter that use GPU on baobab on demand.
https://github.com/MouseLand/Kilosort
Kilosort 4 uses pyqt6 and pyqtgraph for its GUI.
I am using the PRIVATE-BELONE node and gpu046 through a windows desktop.

My problem is that when I launch the program, the GUI doesnt load and show this error:

(base) (baobab)-[andrianj@gpu046 ~]$ conda activate ks4
(ks4) (baobab)-[andrianj@gpu046 ~]$ python -m kilosort
qt.qpa.plugin: From 6.5.0, xcb-cursor0 or libxcb-cursor0 is needed to load the Qt xcb platform plugin.
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: vkkhrdisplay, wayland, minimalegl, vnc, offscreen, eglfs, minimal, xcb, wayland-egl, linuxfb.

Aborted (core dumped)

I installed Kilosort 4 on my local machine and didn’t have any trouble also I don’t have any problem with other software using GUI on baobab on demand (for instance Phy (GitHub - cortex-lab/phy: phy: interactive visualization and manual spike sorting of large-scale ephys data) and the display interface support is mainly why I use baobab on demand.

So far I tried:
uninstalling/intalling pyqt6 and pyqtgraph,
downgrading to pyqt6=6.5.0/ 6.4.0,
even using pyqt5 instead,
trying unset DISPLAY,

export XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/tmp/runtime-andrianj

export QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland

(and each of vkkhrdisplay, minimalegl, vnc, offscreen, eglfs, minimal, xcb, wayland-egl, linuxfb)

Can you please help me ? This step is very important for analyzing my data…

Best,
Andry

Hi @Njiva.Andrianarivelo

I tried on OpenOnDemand ans it’s working:

Baobab OpenOnDemand select advanced desktop pick your need and submit job.

Open a terminal and load the module kilosort:

and execute python -m kilosort to open the soft

This is wonderful thanks !