Cannot login, communication error on send

Dear HPC team,

As of tonight, I am trying to log in to Baobab however without success. First, my SSH key is not recognised (the terminal prompt me for a password). Then, I get the following :

Could not chdir to home directory /home/drozd: Communication error on send

This message appears right after the “Baobab login 2” logo and the documentation/support message. After that, the terminal hangs (as if the SSH didn’t fully load) and seemingly nothing can be done but close it.

I suppose it’s the same error as this? Current issues on Baobab and Yggdrasil - #20 by Yann.Sagon

Sincerely,

Hi,
I had the same problem last night and thought it was something temporary but the situation is still the same this morning. I get this error message when trying to log in:

Received disconnect from 129.194.9.190 port 22:2: Too many authentication failures
Disconnected from 129.194.9.190 port 22

Hi,
I am experiencing the same issue at the moment.

following message appears when I try logging in.

Could not chdir to home directory /home/users/p/pratiwi: Communication error on send
-bash:
warning: setlocale: LC_CTYPE: cannot change locale (UTF-8): No such file or directory

Hi there,

thank you for the notification, we are working on it (cf. Current issues on Baobab - #37 by Luca.Capello ).

Thx, bye,
Luca

Hi there,

The Baobab cluster has been back to normal operations since 10:07, sorry for the inconvenience.

Thx, bye,
Luca