we will do a software and hardware maintenance of the Baobab HPC cluster
on 09 to 11 March 2022.
The maintenance will start at 08:00 +0100 and you will receive an email
when the maintenance will be over.
The cluster will be totally unavailable during this period, with no
access at all (not even to retrieve files).
If you submit a job in the meantime, be sure that the expected wall time
(duration) does not overlap with the start of the maintenance or your
job will be scheduled after the maintenance.
What should be done during this maintenance:
- Re install all the nodes with latest security and bugfix
- Upgrade the servers with latest security and bugfix
- rename compute nodes from
cpuXXXas we have in Yggdrasil
- unify GPU resource name as we have in Yggdrasil
- upgrade Baobab ethernet uplink to 10G instead of 1G
- Upgrade SLURM to version 21.08.5
- Upgrade BeeGFS to version 7.2.3
- Upgrade Kernel to version 3.10.0-1160.49.1
- Upgrade MLNX to version 4.9
- Various modifications to keep the cluster awesome!
Thanks for your understanding.
the HPC team