"module load XYZ"

Hi,

I am trying to use the following lines to set up my environment.

module load GCC
module load OpenMPI
module load Boost
module load CMake
module load Python/3.8.6
module load SciPy-bundle

It worked fine two weeks ago. However, today, I first noticed that there was an error with loading Boost

module load Boost
Lmod has detected the following error: These module(s) or extension(s) exist but cannot be loaded as requested: “Boost”
Try: “module spider Boost” to see how to load the module(s).

I tried different Boost versions and the problem persists. I now see that this is also with Python case (it was fine an hour ago). Is there a technical problem or are you recompiling certain packages again?

Cheers,
J

Hi,

I’ve compiled new software today such as GCC. As you aren’t specifying version, you get the latest GCC version and there is no Boost compiled right now for this version.

You should really stick to a particular version to avoid to have unwanted version changes.

Example for your case:

ml foss/2020b Boost/1.74.0 CMake/3.18.4 Python/3.8.6 SciPy-bundle/2020.11

As stated in our documentation:

Hint : Module version. By choosing a module without specifying a version, you will always get the latest version available. However, we always recommend to specify the version, as your code might produce different results if you are using another version. If reproducibility of results is important for you, you should definitely used a fixed version.

Hi,

Understood. I’ve revised my script and it works again. Thank you.

Cheers,
J