Remote paraview problem

Hello,
I just tried to run paraview remotely following the documentation. When running the command:

srun pvserver --server-port=11111

I get the following error:

[rezzoukm@login1 ~]$ srun pvserver --server-port=11111
/opt/ebsofts/MPI/GCC/5.4.0-2.26/OpenMPI/1.10.3/ParaView/5.3.0-mpi/lib/paraview-5.3/pvserver: error while loading shared libraries: libicui18n.so.42: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/opt/ebsofts/MPI/GCC/5.4.0-2.26/OpenMPI/1.10.3/ParaView/5.3.0-mpi/lib/paraview-5.3/pvserver: error while loading shared libraries: libicui18n.so.42: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
srun: error: node002: tasks 0-3: Exited with exit code 127

Do you have an idea what the problem might be?

Best regards

Dear Mehdi,

the issue is probably because Paraview was compiled for CentOS 6 and you are running it on CentOS 7.

A quick workaround is to specify a partition with CentOS 6 compute nodes (a partition without the suffixe EL7).

We will compile a new version that should work for Centos 7 as well.

Beest

Thx for your reply

But how can I specify the partition for this CentOS 6 ?
Sorry, I don’t know how to do that on linux…

In your sbatch script, you need to specify the name of a partition. Just don’t use a partition name which contains the -EL7 suffix. For example mono-shared.

Dear Mehdi, I don’t know if you still have the issue with Paraview. You can check here for the new Paraview version we installed for CentOS7.